Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Soundtrack of the Week

A couple of weeks ago on yet another tedious date, a guy asked me "if there was a soundtrack to your life, what it be?". Because those prefrabricated types of interview questions really rankle me, I quickly responded "Cemetery Gates by The Smiths". I think this reply sufficiently unnerved him because thankfully the inquisition stopped there. (An aside - I once went on a date where a guy proceeded to ask me "What would you do if you won the lotto? What's the most painful thing you've ever experienced? What's your favorite thing in the world?..." in rapid fire succession. It was more painful than the time I was triple-teamed (the G-rated version!) by three Goldman Sachs investment bankers when interviewing for a job during my senior year of college...Cringe).

In any case, because I'm kind of bored, I decided to create a soundtrack of the week. Yes, I know it's only (Super!) Tuesday, but it's a work in progress. Maybe I should call it a soundtrack-of-the-first-day-and-a-half-of-the-week?

Oh, and thanks, Mr. X, for the inspiration.

1. Girl Anachronism - The Dresden Dolls
2. Gray Room - Damien Rice
3. Throw It All Away - Brandi Carlile
4. Bigmouth Strikes Again - The Smiths
5. How Am I Doing? - Anna Waronker
6. Keep Breathing - Ingrid Michaelson
7. This Year - The Mountain Goats
8. Better Days - Bruce Springsteen

No comments: